HealthPACT - Secretariat Information
From 2014 to 2017, the Secretariat function is being undertaken by a Secretariat based in Queensland, within the Brisbane offices of the Queensland Department of Health.
In addition to the role of supporting HealthPACT's quarterly committee meetings and general business demands, the role of the Secretariat has been expanded to include the gathering of evidence and policy advice regarding health technologies to support the needs of jurisdictions and their stakeholders. It will build upon current capabilities to:
- Support a systematic, collaborative approach to scan the technology horizon, prioritise the needs of jurisdictional health systems, and provide information to enable HealthPACT to prioritise technology reviews which need to be undertaken
- Support dissemination of health technology policy analysis results in a format appropriate for their target audience
- Support harmonisation of health technology policy analysis methodologies and report preparation protocols
- Provide, on request, health technology policy analysis on issues of jurisdictional and/or Australian interest, if deemed appropriate by HealthPACT
- Operate a national clearing house that collects and distributes information pertaining to assessments of technologies
- Facilitate information exchanges between health technology policy analysis agencies (domestic and international).
The current HealthPACT Secretariat team comprises of:
|Linda Mundy||Paul Hassed|
|Senior Research Officer||Principal Policy Officer|
|Ph: +61 7 3328 9169||Ph: +61 7 3328 9167|