HealthPACT - Secretariat Information
The role of the secretariat is to support HealthPACT's quarterly committee meetings and general business demands. The role also includes the gathering of evidence and policy advice regarding health technologies to support the needs of jurisdictions and their stakeholders. It will build upon current capabilities to:
- Support a systematic, collaborative approach to scan the technology horizon, prioritise the needs of jurisdictional health systems, and provide information to enable HealthPACT to prioritise technology reviews which need to be undertaken
- Support dissemination of health technology policy analysis results in a format appropriate for their target audience
- Support harmonisation of health technology policy analysis methodologies and report preparation protocols
- Provide, on request, health technology policy analysis on issues of jurisdictional and/or Australian interest, if deemed appropriate by HealthPACT
- Operate a national clearing house that collects and distributes information pertaining to assessments of technologies
- Facilitate information exchanges between health technology policy analysis agencies (domestic and international).
As of 1 July 2017, the HealthPACT Secretariat transferred from Queensland Health to South Australia Health.
All enquiries can be directed to COAG Health Council Secretariat on telephone (08) 8226 6191 or email HealthCHCSecretariat@sa.gov.au