Who we are
Health Support Queensland (HSQ) delivers a broad range of highly specialised diagnostic, scientific, clinical support and payroll support services to enable the delivery of frontline healthcare in Queensland.
Every day we directly support frontline clinicians to deliver safe, high-quality and cost-effective care to thousands of people. We undertake dynamic policy leadership as part of the Department of Health, and have direct and meaningful input into the strategic direction of the public health system.
At HSQ, we are creatively and productively contributing to improving the provision of health, science and medical services across Queensland.
We are committed to helping care for Queenslanders and are driven by the fundamental principles of:
- Integrity—being honest and ethical in everything we say and do.
- Customers and patients first—putting customers and patients at the centre of everything we do.
- Accountability—taking personal responsibility for our actions.
- Respect—being considerate, recognising our differences and looking out for each other.
- Engagement—actively investing in positive outcomes by partnering with others.
We employ more than 4000 multidisciplinary staff across the organisation in professions ranging from pathology to payroll, biomedical technology to forensics, scientific testing, analysis and consultancy, to procurement, linen and laundry services, and phone health assessment and triage.
Every one of our staff members works hard to achieve our vision to become Australia’s best healthcare support partner, and realise our workforce is a fundamental driver of our success. We recognise our staff for their experience, expertise and commitment to excellence.
We have a key role in health research and innovation, and deliver research solutions and outcomes that that improve public safety and wellbeing. Supported by cutting-edge technology and diverse multidisciplinary teams, staff conduct analytical, clinical and forensic research in collaboration with Hospital and Health Services, other government agencies, universities, industry groups and specialist research organisations.
HSQ provides a diverse range of customer-centred services to the health system via:
- Pathology Queensland—diagnostic pathology services to all Hospital and Health Services (HHS) across metro, regional and remote Queensland.
- Forensic and Scientific Services—expert forensic analysis and advice and scientific testing for public and environmental health.
- Biomedical Technology Services—comprehensive health technology management services to ensure HHS health technology fleets are safe, effective and appropriate.
- Health Contact Centre—confidential health assessment and information services to Queenslanders 24-hours-a-day, seven-days-a-week.
- Group Linen Services—specialist healthcare linen hire, sourcing, distribution and laundry services.
- Strategic Procurement—procurement planning and contracting for a range of goods and services provided to Queensland Health.
- Supply Chain Services—purchasing, inventory management, contracts management, warehousing and distribution services for a range of clinical and non-clinical goods and services.
- Central Pharmacy—purchasing, warehousing and distribution services for pharmacy products required by the Queensland public health sector.
- Payroll Portfolio—the largest integrated workforce management and payroll solution in the Queensland public sector.
- Clinical Information Systems Support—service strategy, development, transition support and operational services for clinical ICT systems.
- Radiology Informatics Support—direct application support and training, a point of contact for front line users, and coordination of system enhancements to improve business functionality.
Last updated 15 May 2019
Last updated 15 May 2019