Clinical Excellence Division
The Statewide Cardiac Clinical Network (SCCN) was established in 2005 and draws all the State’s cardiac clinicians together to combine their knowledge, clinical and operational expertise to influence, progress, develop and reform cardiac care. The steering committee represents the broader membership and meets approximately seven times a year. It is chaired by Dr Paul Garrahy, Director of Cardiology at the Princess Alexandra Hospital. The steering committee generally meets seven times a year. SCCN working groups progress specific activities under the leadership of the Steering Committee.
Priorities for 2017-18
- Progressing the Queensland Cardiac Clinical Information and Quality Initiative.
- Supporting the Queensland Action Plan for better cardiac health for Aboriginal and Torres Strait islander people.
- Support the implementation of National Health Care Standards for Acute Coronary Syndrome.
- Cardiac Information Solution Program aims to network cardiac investigation results between facilities to improve access to patient information should they present to another QH facility.
- Develop a cardiac data repository to monitor state and national reporting and improvement in outcomes of care.
- Improved referral, uptake and quality of cardiac rehabilitation via the Quality Incentive Payment program and 3-year Improvement Project.
- Accelerated Chest Pain Risk Evaluation (ACRE) project
- Cardiac Pathways
- HEART Online
- Queensland Heart Failure Services