The Board appoints and delegates the administrative function for Metro North Hospital and Health Service to the Chief Executive. The Chief Executive and leadership team are responsible for the operational implementation of the strategic direction and day-to-day management of Metro North Hospital and Health Service.
Health Service Chief Executive: Mr Ken Whelan
As Chief Executive, Metro North Hospital and Health Service (HHS) Ken Whelan is responsible for the day to day management of Australia’s largest public health authority.
Prior to his commencement with Metro North HHS , Ken was the Deputy Director General, System Purchasing and Performance Division for New South Wales Ministry of Health.
Ken’s career originated from a nursing background but has been in Senior Management for the past 23 years. For 15 of those years, he has held the position of Chief Executive in both New Zealand and Australia.
Ken has led provincial district health boards and metro district health boards in New Zealand and led a tertiary facility in Queensland as well as a regional Queensland health district.
Ken has brought strong strategic and operational experience to MNHHS and is committed to working with health facilities to ensure they provide sustainable health services that meet the needs of the populations they serve
- Chief Finance Officer: Mr James Kelaher
- Organisational Development, Strategy and Implementation, Executive Director: Mr Luke Worth
- Clinical Governance, Safety, Quality and Risk, Executive Director: Ms Linda Hardy
- Office of the Chief Executive, Director: Ms Melanie Dubbelde
- Board Secretary: Ms Jane Albatal
- Communication, Director: Mr Matthew Stevenson
- Operations, Executive Director: Mr Shaun Drummond
- Royal Brisbane and Women's Hospital, Executive Director: Dr Amanda Dines
- The Prince Charles Hospital, Executive Director: Mr Anthony Williams
- Redcliffe Hospital, Executive Director: Ms Louise Oriti
- Caboolture and Kilcoy Hospitals, Executive Director: Dr Lance Le Ray
- Community, Indigenous and Subacute Services (CISS), Executive Director: Mr Chris Seiboth
- Medical Imaging, Executive Director: Associate Professor Noelle Cridland
- Mental Health, Executive Director: Associate Professor Brett Emmerson
- Oral Health, Executive Director : Mr Andrew McAuliffe
- Clinical Services, Executive Director: Dr Elizabeth Whiting
- Heart and Lung, Executive Director: Professor Darren Walters
- Medicine, Executive Director: Associate Professor Jeffrey Rowland
- Surgery, Executive Director: Dr Jason Jenkins
- Critical Care, Executive Director: Associate Professor Colin Myers
- Women's and Children, Executive Director: Ms Tami Photinos
- Cancer Care, Executive Director (Acting): Associate Professor Glen Kennedy
- Research, Executive Director: Professor Scott Bell
- Medical Services, Executive Director: Dr Elizabeth Rushbrook
- Nursing and Midwifery, Executive Director: Adjunct Associate Professor Alanna Geary
- Allied Health, Executive Director: Mr Mark Butterworth