Sexual Health and HIV service
The Sexual Health and HIV Service is a confidential appointment-based clinical service providing testing and treatment for sexually transmissible infections (STIs).
The service also provides HIV post exposure prophylaxis (PEP), management and care of HIV and has an onsite specialist pharmacy.
A referral from your General Practitioner (GP) may be required but is not essential for most services.
Clinics are located at the following locations:
If you live outside the northern Brisbane region area you may be referred to a sexual health clinic or health service nearer to you. Find where you can go for help regarding sexual health services.
Please forward all referrals directly to the clinic using the SHHS GP referal form (PDF, 86KB) (regardless of which clinic you refer to). We will contact the patient within three working days from the time we receive it. If the matter requires immediate management, GPs and other health staff are advised to contact the clinic during opening hours and ask to speak with a doctor or nurse.
- Please advise us if you are unable to attend your appointment and we will be happy to reschedule.
- It is important to bring your current Medicare card with you on each visit.
- If you are not eligible for a Medicare card, any costs will be discussed with you at your visit.
- A Medicare card is required to obtain prescriptions that are subsidised by the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS) and supplied through the pharmacy. A co-payment may be required.
270 Roma Street
Brisbane QLD 4000
GPO Box 8161
Brisbane QLD 4001
Phone: (07) 3837 5611
Fax: (07) 3837 5640
- Monday to Friday: 8am-12pm and 1pm-4pm (closed public holidays)
- Pharmacy is closed Wednesday afternoons
181 Anzac Ave
PO Box 162
Kippa-Ring QLD 4020
Phone: (07) 3897 6300
Facsimile: (07) 3897 6311
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 8am-12pm and 1pm-4pm
- Closed - Wednesday, Saturday, Sunday
Outreach clinics are provided at the Caboolture Community Health Centre, McKean St Caboolture.
Please contact the Redcliffe clinic for more information.