Skip links and keyboard navigation

Queensland Health Interpreter Service for funded non-government organisations

Interpreter services for funded non-government organisations

Queensland Health recognises the importance for funded non-government organisations (NGOs) to have access to interpreter services to meet the language and communication needs of clients from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.

Queensland Health has implemented arrangements for funded NGOs to access departmentally funded interpreter services.

This means an interpreter will be provided at no charge to assist you with your client when your organisation requests and books an interpreter through the Queensland Health Interpreter Service for Queensland Health funded NGOs.

Supporting resources

For organisations funded through Queensland Department of Health
Community Services Funding Branch
For organisations funded through Hospital and Health Services

If you are unsure if your organisation is funded via the Community Services Funding Branch, please contact 3708 5850 or

How to work with interpreters

Last updated: 22 March 2012

What's new?

Queensland Health's 2017-18 report on Our Story, Our Future: Queensland's Multicultural Action Plan 2016-17 - 2018-19
Queensland Health's progress against achieving actions in Queensland's Multicultural Action Plan.

Report on client perceptions of the quality of the Queensland Health Interpreter Service
A new report on the perceptions on clients on the quality of the Queensland Health Interpreter Service is now available.

National Interpreter Symbol

The blue interpreter symbol is the nationally recognised interpreter symbol.

national interpreter symbol

Click here for more information about this symbol.

Complaints about health or other services

Do you have concerns about a government or non-government health service or are you unhappy with the way an issue has been handled? Do you think you have been treated unfairly or are you concerned about a decision or action of a health professional?

It is ok to complain, and there are organisations that are independent of the government that can help you, free of charge.

Go to the Queensland Independent Complaint Agencies' website for more information.