multicultural policies, plans and strategies
|A multicultural future for all of us - Queensland Multicultural Policy|
|Queensland Health guideline for multicultural policy implementation|
|Other multicultural health policies, guidelines and strategies|
|Queensland Health Organisational Cultural Competency Framework|
|Past strategic plans and implementation reports|
In 2011, the Queensland Government released the A multicultural future for all of us - Queensland Multicultural Policy 2011 and Queensland Government Language Services Policy.
This policy outlines priorities for the Queensland Government, including the key themes:
- multicultural recognition legislation
- language, information and communication
- improving service delivery
- regional and emerging communities
- skills, jobs and enterprise
- inclusive communities.
The policy and accompanying Queensland Multicultural Action Plan 2011-14 commits Queensland Health and Hospital and Health Services to lead and contribute to a number of actions, and to report annually on 10 key performance indicators (KPIs).
Queensland Health Guideline for multicultural policy implementation
To assist Hospital and Health Services and Queensland Health to implement this policy effectively, Queensland Health has published the Guideline for multicultural policy implementation.
The guideline provides recommendations for best practice in the planning, delivery and evaluation of health services for culturally and linguistically diverse communities.
Queensland Health has implemented a range of policies, plans and strategies aimed at improving and maintaining the health and well being of multicultural communities, families and individuals in Queensland, and at building organisational cultural competency.
- Queensland Health NESB Mental Health Policy Statement
- Queensland Multicultural Policy 2011 - A multicultural future for all of us
- Queensland Language Services Policy 2011 - A multicultural future for all of us
- Guideline for Multicultural Policy Implementation
- Queensland Health Working with Interpreters Guidelines (2006)
- Engaging Queenslanders: An introduction to working with culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) communities
- Health Care Providers' Handbook on Hindu Patients
- Health Care Providers' Handbook on Muslim Patients
- Health Care Providers' Handbook on Sikh Patients
- Mental Health Services Policy: National Standards for Mental Health Services 2010: Qld Health Implementation Standard for Diversity Responsiveness
Under the Queensland Government's 2005 Multicultural Queensland - Making a world of difference policy, all departments were required to produce an annual Multicultural Action Plan.
Queensland Health produced and implemented annual action plans in 2005/06 and 2006/07. In 2007, Queensland Health developed a five year strategic plan, evidence of its commitment to improving the health of people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds.
The 2007-2012 Queensland Health Strategic Plan for Multicultural Health included a number of five year strategies that aimed to improve the health of multicultural communities and build organisational cultural competency.
An implementation plan, which outlined the actions to be taken, and an implementation report, which detailed the achievements of the previous year, were produced annually.
- 2011-12 Implementation Plan - Queensland Health Strategic Plan for Multicultural Health 2007-2012 (available only to Queensland Health staff)
- 2010-11 Implementation Plan - Queensland Health Strategic Plan for Multicultural Health 2007-2012
- 2010-11 Implementation Report - Queensland Health Strategic Plan for Multicultural Health 2007-2012 and Multicultural Health Indicators: Health Service District and Divisional Performance 2010-11 (available only to Queensland Health staff)