Nurse Navigators are a team of registered nurses who provide a service for patients who have complex health conditions and require a high degree of comprehensive, clinical care.
These nurses are highly experienced and have an in-depth understanding of the health system.
Key principles of the Nurse Navigator Services:
- Coordinating patient centred care
- Creating partnerships
- Improving patient outcomes
- Facilitating systems improvement
Nurse Navigators will:
- use a multi-disciplinary approach to monitor high needs patients, identify actions required to manage their health care and direct patients to the right service, at the right time and in the right place.
- provide a central point of communication and engagement to ensure optimal care and coordination of services along a patient’s entire health care journey.
- educate and help patients to better understand their health conditions and enable them to self-manage, participate in decisions about their health care and improve their own health outcomes.
Nurse Navigators support and work across system boundaries and in close partnership with multiple health specialists and health service stakeholders to ensure patients receive the appropriate and timely care needed.
The health service will identify if you qualify for this service and assign a Nurse Navigator to connect with you.