Maintaining good oral health:
Good oral health is important no matter what your age. The easiest way to maintain good oral health is by:
- brushing your teeth twice a day using a small soft toothbrush
- using fluoride toothpaste
- flossing daily
- visiting the dentist regularly
- drinking plenty of tap water
- limiting your consumption of soft drinks, sports drinks and sweet foods
- wearing a mouthguard when training for or playing contact sports.
- bad breath
- discoloured teeth
- overcrowded teeth
- when and how to use mouth rinses
- gums bleeding when you brush your teeth
If you are concerned by any of the issues above, please contact your dentist or the school dental service. They should provide you with information and an individual diagnosis that is best for your oral health.