Skip links and keyboard navigation

Adult dental services

Adult patient eligibility - public sector dental clinics

For adults to be eligible for publicly funded oral health care they must be a Queensland resident and where applicable, in receipt of benefits from either a:

  • Pensioner Concession Card issued by the Department of Veteran's Affairs
  • Pensioner Concession Card issued by Centrelink
  • Health Care Card
  • Commonwealth Seniors Health Card
  • Queensland Seniors Card

For residents issued with these cards and currently receiving benefits, eligibility is extended to their dependants named on the card.

Also eligible is any child who is in the guardianship of the Director-General, Department of Families, Youth and Community Care.

Persons not fitting the criteria listed above should seek dental care from a private dental practitioner.


Public sector oral health services are funded by the government and are provided at no charge to eligible clients.  Transport to and from dental clinics is the responsibility of each individual client.


To find your nearest public dental clinc contact details can be obtained by referring to the local services list  PDF Icon

Last updated: 20 March 2013