- Don't take medications in front of children.
- Don't call medicines lollies.
- Don't store medicines in the fridge door. Keep medicines that require refrigeration in a closed or locked container (eg. "Tupperware", lockable computer disk box) at the back of the fridge.
- Visitors bags may contain medicines. Have a lockable cupboard or a safe spot up high where these can be kept.
- Never take medicines in the dark. Always read the label and take only as directed.
- Return expired medicines, or ones that are no longer needed, to your local pharmacy for disposal.
- Ask your pharmacist to dispense medicine in child resistant containers.