Patient Safety Unit
Clinical Excellence DivisionPatient Safety and Quality Improvement Service
Patient Safety Unit’s role is to provide support services to Hospital and Health Services (HHSs) and the Department of Health to maximise patient safety outcomes and the experience of Queensland public health system patients. Patient Safety Unit three key priorities include:
1. Standards implementation support:
- support HHSs to meet National Safety and Quality Health Service Standards
- develop and sustain practical, cost effective patient safety improvement tools.
2. Measurement and Reporting
- operate statewide patient safety and consumer feedback information systems
- faciliate and undertake patient safety and patient experience data collection, anaylsis and reporting.
- provide lessons learned and expert advice to HHSs, Department of Health and national bodies on patient safety and patient experience.