Proposed changes to the regulatory scheme
The Pest Management Act 2001 and subordinate legislation is being integrated into the new Medicines Poisons and Therapeutic Goods (MPTG) regulatory scheme.
Read about the proposed new scheme.
Compliance with the Act and regulation
- Guide to the Pest Management Act and Regulation (PDF, 186 KB) — an overview of the Pest Management Act 2001 (PMA) and the Pest Management Regulation 2003 (PMR) and what you need to know to be pest management technician in Queensland
- Food or drink containers (PDF, 32 KB) — practical interpretation of the sections of the Pest Management Regulation 2003 which relates to not using a food container or drink container in a pest management activity
- Information to be given to owners/occupiers (PDF, 77 KB) — a guide to the required communication
- Mixing and maintenance of the consistency of a pesticide emulsion (PDF, 66 KB) — key elements of mixing pesticides to ensure the pesticide emulsion applied to a site has the concentration of active ingredient specified on the manufacturer’s label
- Pest management licence (DOC, 1015 KB) — use this form to apply for a licence as a pest management technician. This form also includes Queensland mutual recognition, New Zealand mutual recognition, variation of conditions of licence and replacement of a licence
- Surrender of Licence (PDF, 31 KB)
- Photographic and Signature Identification (PDF, 44 KB)
- Change in Circumstances form (PDF, 44 KB) — advises us of a change of name, residential address, business address, postal address, employer details or premises where pesticides or fumigants are stored.
- Notifiable Incident (PDF, 39 KB) — an exposure, spillage or other release of a pesticide or fumigant that adversely affects, or is likely to adversely affect, a person’s health.
- Notifiable Incident - Guidance Note (PDF, 66 KB)
- Certain events (PDF, 35 KB) — this form specifies some conditions a pest management technician is required to disclose to the Chief Executive.
- August-2015 Update (PDF, 110 KB) — read about fenthion use cease, unregistered or suspect pesticides and Carcinogenic insecticides and herbicides, as well as current industry issues.
- May-2014 Update (PDF, 70 KB) — includes information about notifiable incidents, penalty infringement notices and the washing of contaminated clothes to protect the family.
- Jul-2013 Update (PDF, 124 KB) — includes information about changing your circumstances and new competency unit codes.