Compliance with the Act and regulation
- Guide to the Pest Management Act and Regulation (PDF 248 kB) — an overview of the Pest Management Act 2001 (PMA) and the Pest Management Regulation 2003 (PMR) and what you need to know to be pest management technician in Queensland
- Food or drink containers (PDF 32 kB) — practical interpretation of the sections of the Pest Management Regulation 2003 which relates to not using a food container or drink container in a pest management activity
- Information to be given to owners/occupiers (PDF 77 kB) — a guide to the required communication
- Mixing and maintenance of the consistency of a pesticide emulsion (PDF 66 kB) — key elements of mixing pesticides to ensure the pesticide emulsion applied to a site has the concentration of active ingredient specified on the manufacturer’s label
Online Licencing Renewals
Online pest management licence renewals to commence as the first stage of a new online licensing portal. Pest management technicians will be advised on how to renew online when they receive their renewal application letter in the mail.
Stage two of the licensing portal, planned for later this year, will contain the ability to apply for a new licence or an amendment online.
- Pest management licence (DOC 1027 kB) — use this form to apply for a licence as a pest management technician. This form also includes Queensland mutual recognition, New Zealand mutual recognition, variation of conditions of licence and replacement of a licence
- Surrender of Licence (PDF 31 kB)
- Photographic and Signature Identification (PDF 44 kB)
- Change in Circumstances form (PDF 44 kB) — advises us of a change of name, residential address, business address, postal address, employer details or premises where pesticides or fumigants are stored.
- Notifiable Incident (PDF 39 kB) — an exposure, spillage or other release of a pesticide or fumigant that adversely affects, or is likely to adversely affect, a person’s health.
- Notifiable Incident - Guidance Note (PDF 66 kB)
- Certain events (PDF 35 kB) — this form specifies some conditions a pest management technician is required to disclose to the Chief Executive.
- August-2021 Update (PDF 93 kB) — important information for licensed Pest Management Technicians.
- August-2015 Update (PDF 110 kB) — read about fenthion use cease, unregistered or suspect pesticides and Carcinogenic insecticides and herbicides, as well as current industry issues.
- May-2014 Update (PDF 70 kB) — includes information about notifiable incidents, penalty infringement notices and the washing of contaminated clothes to protect the family.
- July-2013 Update (PDF 124 kB) — includes information about changing your circumstances and new competency unit codes.
- Contact a Public Health Unit