West Indian drywood termite consultation
The new Biosecurity Act 2014 (the Act) will supersede the Diseases in Timber Act 1975, which means a new approach needs to be developed for the future management of West Indian drywood termite.
Public consultation was undertaken early in 2016. Keep up to date with the review.
Compliance with the Act and regulation
- Guide to the Pest Management Act and Regulation (PDF 186kB) — an overview of the Pest Management Act 2001 (PMA) and the Pest Management Regulation 2003 (PMR) and what you need to know to be pest management technician in Queensland
- Food or drink containers (PDF 32kB) — practical interpretation of the sections of the Pest Management Regulation 2003 which relates to not using a food container or drink container in a pest management activity
- Information to be given to owners/occupiers (PDF 201kB) — a guide to the required communication
- Mixing and maintenance of the consistency of a pesticide emulsion (PDF 66kB) — key elements of mixing pesticides to ensure the pesticide emulsion applied to a site has the concentration of active ingredient specified on the manufacturer’s label
- Pest management licence (DOC 1MB) — use this form to apply for a licence as a pest management technician. This form also includes Queensland mutual recognition, New Zealand mutual recognition, variation of conditions of licence and replacement of a licence
- Surrender of Licence (PDF 31kB)
- Photographic and Signature Identification (PDF 44kB)
- Change in Circumstances form (PDF 44kB) — advises us of a change of name, residential address, business address, postal address, employer details or premises where pesticides or fumigants are stored.
- Notifiable Incident (PDF 39kB) — an exposure, spillage or other release of a pesticide or fumigant that adversely affects, or is likely to adversely affect, a person’s health.
- Notifiable Incident - Guidance Note (PDF 282kB)
- Certain events (PDF 35kB) — this form specifies some conditions a pest management technician is required to disclose to the Chief Executive.
- August-2015 Update (PDF 111kB) — read about fenthion use cease, unregistered or suspect pesticides and Carcinogenic insecticides and herbicides, as well as current industry issues.
- May-2014 Update (PDF 70kB) — includes information about notifiable incidents, penalty infringement notices and the washing of contaminated clothes to protect the family.
- Jul-2013 Update (PDF 124kB) — includes information about changing your circumstances and new competency unit codes.