We provide expert and unbiased advice, testing and analysis on a range of environmental, biological, algal and food samples for natural and man-made chemicals, markers and toxins.
Advice and testing services
The scope of our testing, analysis and advice services include:
- residues and contaminants—analysis in a range of matrices including waters, foods, fruit and vegetables, soil, and biological fluids (blood and urine)
- algal identification and enumeration—identification and detection of algal toxin genes and toxin analysis in water supply reservoirs, drinking and marine waters. For more information about algal testing refer to the Algal toxin factsheet (PDF, 123KB)
- food testing—testing for safety, chemical composition and compliance in food and foodstuffs
- molecular and chemical testing—identification and country of origin testing for food and foodstuffs
- air monitoring—for volatile compounds including occupational and environmental atmospheric investigations.
Collaborate or partner with us
The laboratory has a strong history of collaborative research and developing partnerships. Past collaborations have included preparing joint grant applications, establishing centres of excellence, participating in staff exchanges and providing access to our state-of-the-art equipment. We are always looking for opportunities to collaborate on research and development initiatives. To collaborate or partner with us contact Client Services and Liaison on 1800 000 377.