Clinical forensic medicine
We examine and treat victims and alleged perpetrators in criminal investigations.
Our scope includes:
- collecting and interpreting medical evidence
- documenting and interpreting injuries
- providing toxicological advice to the Coroner
- providing support for health-care related deaths.
We attend crime and death scenes to provide medical advice and provide expert clinical and medico-legal opinions in court relating to:
- fitness to appear or to be interviewed
- traffic medicine
- clinical effects and toxicology of alcohol and drugs.
Our medical staff and General Practitioner Government Medical Officers (GP-GMOs) can be used on a fee-for-service arrangement for the Queensland Police Service and the Department of Justice and Attorney-General.