Forensic and coronial services
Coronial Services at Forensic and Scientific Services incorporates Forensic Pathology and Forensic Toxicology.
We provide examinations and testing of human samples, as well as expert opinions and court evidence as to the cause and circumstances of death and the significance or interpretation of alcohol, drugs and poisons.
Our staff have considerable forensic expertise and come from a wide range of professional backgrounds including in pathology, dentistry, counselling, nursing, science, radiography, and anthropology. Staff are supported by specialised mortuary and administration teams.
- autopsies and related services for coroners and police
- support services for families bereaved by deaths reported to the Coroners office
- advice on human ethics, tissue donation, mortuary practices and removal of sperm from a deceased person.
- forensic testing for alcohol and drugs in samples from coroners’ cases
- forensic testing for alcohol and drugs in samples from living people submitted by the Queensland Police Service.