We provide unbiased analytical and advisory services to Queensland Health's public health units, hospitals, state and local government departments and private sector clients.
We are accredited by National Association of Testing Authorities (NATA) for chemical testing and certified as Quarantine Approved Premises (QAP).
Our staff are experts in analysing metals and elements in environmental samples such as water, soil, sediment, food, blood, urine and other biological tissues. Our testing capabilities include:
- physical properties of water
- water hardness analysis
- corrosive property of water
- environmental level nutrient analysis in freshwater and seawater
- fluoride level compliance
- nitrogen and phosphorus analysis
- metals in environmental samples
- trace elements in biological and food samples
- carbon analysis in water, soild and sediment samples
- chlorophyll quantitation
- metals speciation
- disinfection by-products.
Collaborate or partner with us
The laboratory has a strong history of collaborative research and developing partnerships. Past collaborations have included preparing joint grant applications, establishing centres of excellence, participating in staff exchanges and providing access to our state-of-the-art equipment. We are always looking for opportunities to collaborate on research and development initiatives. To collaborate or partner with us contact Client Services and Liaison on 1800 000 377.