Victim Support Service - Our Services
Who do we help?
The QHVSS provides assistance to:
- The direct victim(s) of the offence
- The parents or guardians of a child victim, or a victim with legal incapacity
- Immediate family members of a deceased victim
- Other concerned persons who have been harmed or impacted by an offence eg witnesses, family members or anyone supporting a direct victim
- Professionals seeking advice, information and assistance in working with victims of crime
How can we help?
- Provide supportive counselling at any stage after the offence
- Advise you on your rights and entitlements so that you can make the best decisions for yourself and your family
- Help you navigate the criminal justice system and forensic mental health system
- Provide information and support for Mental Health Court, including supporting you at court
- Provide advice and assistance in making Mental Health Court statements and Mental Health Review Tribunal submissions
- Support you in applying for and obtaining more information about what is happening in your case
- Provide referrals to assist your recovery and organise additional services you or your family may need.
QHVSS staff can access interpreters in your preferred language and provide translated materials if required.
How to Refer to QHVSS:
Anyone can refer to QHVSS by phoning or emailing us:
- Phone: 1800 208 005
- Email: email@example.com
For confidentiality and privacy requirements we must havethe victim’s consent prior to making contact.