Paediatric Services, Redcliffe Hospital
The Paediatric unit at Redcliffe is a 10 bed unit, with a 6 bed short stay area in development. This unit caters for children from birth to 14 years of age and their families. Our dedicated team have identified their vision and strategic focus as being: Making a Difference - Patient comes first, Safety for all, Building Teams, Doing it Better.
The mission of the unit is: “The Paediatric team is committed to providing quality, holistic care in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team. Outstanding service delivery will be provided to all children and their families within a safe and friendly environment.”
Our team values: Caring, Respect, Integrity and Accountability.
Every year more than 2700 children are admitted to the Paediatric unit. We cater for a wide range of paediatric illness including:
- General Paediatric illnesses – chest infection, asthma, viral infection, vomiting and diarrhoea, fever, observation
- Infant illnesses – breathing difficulties/infections, croup, jaundice, feeding difficulties.
- Orthopaedic patients – broken bones.
- General and short stay surgical patients – dental procedures, appendectomy.
- Children with special needs/disabilities
- Child protection issues
Other information you may find useful relating to the Paediatric Service includes:
- Family and visitor information
- About our staff
- Community Services
- Paediatric Surgical Services
- Links to Other Services for Paediatrics