Due for a booster – QoVAX SET Pilot Booster Study
The QoVAX SET Pilot Booster Study seeks to better understand what factors will affect your immune response to the COVID-19 vaccine course, including the booster shot. We will combine your results, with those from other participants, to understand what these factors may be on a population-wide level.
You might be able to take part in this study if:
- it’s been at least 3 months from your second dose of COVID-19 vaccine and you are now eligible for your booster shot,
- can read and understand the consent form and questionnaire,
- are 18 years or over and a resident of Queensland, and
- you are able to attend a participating Pathology Queensland collection centre or QML Pathology collection centre in the Brisbane metropolitan area, Toowoomba, Gold Coast or Sunshine Coast areas.
If you take part in this study, it will not affect the healthcare you receive.
There is no cost to you, and you will not be paid.
You can withdraw at any time, we ask you to complete the withdrawal form so we know how you would like any remaining samples or data about you that we have collected to be managed.
- Study brochure
- Consent form and questionnaire
- Find your nearest participating Pathology Queensland collection centre or QML Pathology collection centre.
- Download the pathology forms below. Please write the following information on the forms:
- Your QoVAX SET participant identification (this begins with QVBX) in the surname field
- Date of birth
We need this information to link all your collected samples with your survey responses.
How to participate
- Read and understand the consent form.
- Complete an online questionnaire (you will be prompted to complete this after the consent form).
- Give a saliva (spit) and blood sample.
- Get your COVID-19 vaccine booster shot.
- One month later, complete a survey by email and give a saliva (spit) and blood sample.
The survey will ask you things about your health and lifestyle, and if you experienced any adverse reactions following any of your COVID-19 vaccine shots.
You can give your blood and saliva (spit) samples at a participating Queensland Health vaccination site, at a
You can only go to one of the nominated pathology collection centres that are helping us run this study.
It’s important we receive both sets of samples to get the full benefit of this research.
If you have any questions, email QoVAX-Boost@health.qld.gov.au or call (07) 3647 1064 or 0457 197 699.