Queensland Rural Generalist Pathway
The Queensland Rural Generalist Pathway (QRGP), hosted by the Darling Downs Hospital and Health Service, provides medical graduates with a supported training pathway to a career in rural medicine; and rural and remote communities with a skilled medical workforce.
A Rural Generalist is a rural medical practitioner who provides:
- hospital and community-based primary medical practice; and
- hospital-based secondary medical practice including emergency and inpatient care; and
- advanced specialised skills in at least one discipline: emergency medicine, Indigenous health, internal medicine, mental health, paediatrics, obstetrics, surgery or anaesthetics; and
- hospital and community-based public health practice.
The QRGP offers:
- an advisory and support service coordinated by an experienced team of rural medical and administrative staff dedicated to assisting junior doctors to achieve a career in rural medicine;
- quarantined training opportunities at select Rural Generalist Training Hospitals;
- attendance at intensive, simulation based, procedural and non-procedural skills workshops;
- support and advice regarding Advanced Skills Training;
- access to a range of accredited vocational training opportunities in rural Queensland.
|Find us on Facebook
Rural Generalist Pathway
|Follow us on Twitter