Sunshine Coast Health Campus
When the Sunshine Coast University Hospital opens in 2017 it will revolutionise the way healthcare services are accessed and delivered on the Sunshine Coast.
The Department of Health is managing the development of an integrated health campus offering complementary services on the one site.
The Sunshine Coast Health Campus will collocate:
- Sunshine Coast University Hospital - the new public tertiary teaching hospital
- the public hospital's Sunshine Coast Health Institute
- Sunshine Coast University Private Hospital
- opportunities for health-related commercial developments.
The aim of the campus is to maximise the benefits that come with locating these services together, including:
- offering hands-on training and education facilities for medical, nursing and allied health students and staff
- growing research opportunities by combining expert staff, specialised medical services and technological capacity
- integrating infrastructure developments such as public transport with the two hospitals to provide better access and value for money for the public
- strengthening public and private healthcare services by promoting the sharing of amenities, staff and expertise
- driving other health-related commercial opportunities.