Extensive planning and consultation with local clinicians has been used to identify the wide range of free public hospital services that will be available at Sunshine Coast University Hospital. These will include:
- emergency services
- a comprehensive cancer centre, including radiotherapy and chemotherapy
- specialised medical and surgical services, including a major trauma service and paediatrics
- maternity services, including a special care nursery for unwell newborns
- a rehabilitation service
- a mental health unit
- a renal service
- interventional and diagnostic clinical support services, including a PET scanner for diagnosing certain types of cancer and cardiac catheterisation laboratories
- ambulatory care (outpatient) services
- allied health services.
View the Sunshine Coast Hospital and Health Service website for more information about the services available at other facilities in this region.