Karumba Health Centre
|Karumba has been reclassified as a primary health care centre under new guidelines for rural and remote health facilities being introduced across Queensland.|
|Karumba offers nurse-led clinic facilities from Monday to Friday with services including primary healthcare, emergency stabilisation and pathology collection, as well as ambulance services and a 24-hours a day, seven-days a week emergency on-call service.|
|Karumba is staffed by a director of nursing with an additional registered nurse from May to October during the tourist season each year when the population increases by 2000-3000 people.|
|A medical officer provides a general practice clinic 12-hours per week and appointments can be made through Karumba.|
|Telehealth services link patients and staff with other facilities via video-conference and have seen real cost savings and demonstrated patient care benefits.|
|Karumba provides financial assistance through the Patient Travel Subsidy Scheme to eligible patients who need to travel to other health services for procedures and tests not available locally.|
140-160 Walker Street
KARUMBA Qld 4891
PO Box 44
KARUMBA Qld 4891
+61 7 4747 6400
+61 7 4745 9295
0830 to 1700
Distance to main referring hospitals
|Mount Isa Hospital||600km|
- Provide emergency stabilisation of patients prior to evacuation.
- Provide primary health care in accordance with the health protocols of the QH Primary Clinical Care Manual.
- Management of chronic disease including primary prevention, early detection, newly identified conditions and manage conditions as per QH Chronic Disease Guidelines.
- GP Clinic - A General Practitioner provides 12 hours of clinic per week.
Allied health services
- Visiting Dietician
- Visiting Physiotherapist
- Visiting Podiatrist
Visiting specialist services
- Chest Physician
- Mobile Women's Health Nurse
Last updated: 13 November 2012