||Cardiology and orthopaedic outreach services have commenced to reduce patient travel requirements.
||The Ingham Health Service provides inpatient, outpatient, emergency and surgical services.
||Community-based staff provide school based health support, as well as child health, mental health, community antenatal and postnatal midwifery services.
||The Ingham Health Service provides financial assistance through the Patient Travel Subsidy Scheme to eligible patients who need to travel away to other health services for procedures and tests not available locally.
||Telehealth services are available, via video-conference, for linking patients with specialist services, reducing the need for patient travel.
||Dental services are available on-site, including school dental services.
2-16 McIlwraith Street Ingham Qld 4850
PO Box 367 Ingham Qld 4850
+61 7 4720 3000
+61 7 4720 3001
0830 - 1700
Ingham Health Service - http://www.health.qld.gov.au/townsville/Facilities/ingham_hlth.asp
Distance to main referring hospital
The Townsville Hospital - 114km
Accident and Emergency.
General surgery services
- Ante and Post Natal
- ATSI Health Clinic
- Child Health Clinic
- General Clinical
- Youth Health Clinic
Allied health services
- Dental Technician
- Mental Health Nurse
- Occupational Therapist
- Social Worker
- Speech Pathologist
- Women's Health Nurse
- Mental Health
- Respiratory medicine
Home and Community Care services (HACC)
HACC - Home Care Services
Visiting specialist services
- Australian Hearing (Monthly)
- Chest Physician (three monthly)
- Child & Youth Mental Health (monthly)
- Children Community Therapy Service (monthly)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (monthly)
- Gastroenterologist (monthly)
- Psychiatrist (fortnightly)
- Sexual Assault Councillor (monthly)
- Surgeon (fortnightly)
- Advocacy on behalf of clients and community with relevant agencies
Assistance with self help groupsCommunity Development eg lobbying for services, improved health of community
- Group work eg Stress Management, Young Women Sharing
- Health assessment
- Health Promotion eg Lighten Up, Workplace Health promotion, continence Promotion, Health Risk Screenings
- Home Safety Assessment
- Liaison with Government and non Government groups
- Provide information and education on many health related topics related to physical, social, mental, environmental and economic factors influencing health and well being
- Referral to local and state wide services such as HACC and welfare agencies