Expectations of Students
- Perform duties within your professional scope of practice and in accordance with SCHHS policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Be responsible for your own learning.
- Develop and review learning goals regularly.
- Monitor and reflect on your practice and changing practice as a result.
- Take advantage of learning opportunities that are presented.
- Contribute to the work of the healthcare team within the workplace and avoid distracting other employees unnecessarily.
- Seek assistance when required.
- Monitor and effectively manage yourself within the placement, and utilise relevant stress management strategies both in and out of the workplace.
- Show enthusiasm and initiative.
- Be willing to learn.
- Listen to instructions and ask questions.
- Accept and act on advice given.
- Ask for jobs when you have nothing to do.
- Be polite, courteous and well-mannered.
- Display safe practice by abiding by the policies and procedures of the placement provider.
- Dress appropriately to industry standards.
Absence from Placement
If you are unable to attend your placement for any reason, you must inform your placement area, Supervisor/Clinical Facilitator and University/TAFE.
You must provide documentary evidence such as a medical certificate to substantiate your absence, as required by your Education Provider policy/procedure.
SCHHS Complaints Resolution
Complaints raised (e.g. by a student or Education Provider) should be managed via the SCHHS Complaint Resolution process (available on QHealth intranet).
- Defining the specific complaint details including people involved
- Focus on prompt resolution
- Ensure natural justice and confidentiality is applied
- Keep accurate file notes including chronology of events
- General SCHHS Information
- Abbreviations, acronyms and symbols used in health (available on QHealth intranet)
- SCHHS LIBRARY
- Take 5 - Student Safety