Community Rehabilitation Team
Community Rehabilitation Team (CRT) is a program of assessment, support and rehabilitation for selected clients who have developed or are at risk of developing problems with their ability to live independently. The service offers short term, goal orientated, intensive rehabilitation services in the person’s own place of residence, in a centre (Caloundra, Nambour or Gympie) or a combination of both.
Services that can be provided include case management, physiotherapy, occupational therapy, speech pathology, dietetics, neuropsychology, nursing and social work. Other services which might be included are showering, cleaning and shopping depending on the needs identified in the assessment.
The care is delivered by a multidisciplinary team employed by the Sunshine Coast Hospital and Health Service and may include the assistance of private brokered therapy and support services. The team, in consultation with the client and referrer decide on the most suitable venue for therapy to meet the client's goals.
The person must:
- Benefit from a 'short burst' of intensive rehabilitation to develop, maintain or restore function following an acute episode
- Have realistic, achievable goals
- Consent and commit to actively participate in the therapy program
Adults over 18 years
- Nil for therapy and agreed short term services
- Costs will be incurred for:
- Equipment hire
- Meals if required
- Transport to therapy
- If ongoing services are required after the program fee for service costs may apply
How to Submit a Referral
Referrals are accepted by any medical officer (community or hospital based). Referrals can be made on behalf of a hospital medical officer by their multidisciplinary team.
- Send letter (See Contact Details)
- Secure Electronic Transfer is coming soon