The Sunshine Coast Hospital and Health Service welcomes feedback from health providers regarding your experience of our health service. If you are a health provider and would like to give a compliment, make a complaint or offer a suggestion that would improve our service, please use the details below.
Patients/ health consumers please contact the Patient Liaison Officer.
Respect for medical colleagues and other health professionals and staff
Good patient care is enhanced when there is mutual respect and clear communication between all healthcare professionals involved in the care of the patient.
Good medical practice involves:
- Communicating clearly, effectively, respectfully and promptly with other doctors and healthcare professionals caring for the patient.
- Acknowledging and respecting the contribution of all healthcare professionals involved in the care of the patient.
- Behaving professionally and courteously to colleagues and other practitioners including when using social media.
Source: AHPRA Code of Conduct for doctors in Australia (4.2)
Thank you for keeping these rules of engagement in mind.
Please note: The below contact details are for clinicians only.
Referral Centre and GP Priority Line
- Referral Centre Fax: 07 5202 0555 (e-referral preferred)
- GP Priority Phone: 07 5202 6633 (not for patients)
- Patient Phone: 07 5202 0000
GPs / Practice staff to call the GP Priority Line for enquiries about referrals, triage, declined referrals and outpatient appointments.
SCHHS Emergency Departments
Please note: These contact details are for clinicians only.
|Emergency Department||Phone||Fax (for referrals)|
|Sunshine Coast University Hospital||07 5202 7870||07 5202 2355|
|Nambour General Hospital||07 5470 5170||07 5470 5480|
|Gympie Hospital||07 5489 8444||07 5489 8504|
|Maleny Soldiers Memorial Hospital||07 5420 5000||07 5420 5001|
Clinical Information Access
Note: Medical Records is now called Clinical Information Access.
Tip: Also check the Viewer for clinical information.
Non-urgent: written request faxed on practice letterhead
Urgent: mark fax clearly with ‘Urgent’ and specify timeframe / reason, or GP to call directly (not via a staff member please)
|Sunshine Coast University Hospital||07 5202 3011||07 5202 3419|
|Nambour General Hospital||07 5470 6389||07 5470 5425|
|Caloundra Health Service||07 5436 8503||07 5436 8766|
|Maleny Soldier's Memorial Hospital||07 5420 5000||07 5420 5001|
|Gympie Hospital||07 5489 8667||07 5489 8757|
- Phone: 07 5202 2111 (Clinicians only)
Medical Imaging Enquiries
- Phone: 07 5202 3333 (Clinicians only)
STS Address Book Enquiries
To update the details for new or existing GPs to receive electronic correspondence from Queensland Health sites or any other STS Address Book.
- Phone: 1800 198 175 / 07 3726 4880 (GPs only)
- Email: STS_External-Alerts@health.qld.gov.au
The Sunshine Coast and Gympie HealthPathways Team provides local health providers with support and login details.
- Phone: 07 5456 8100 (Clinicians only)
- Email: email@example.com