Skip links and keyboard navigation

How do I access information?

Documents held by the Sunshine Coast Hospital and Health Service may be accessed in a variety of ways. The most appropriate method of seeking access to information will depend on what type of information is sought.

Information of the SCHHS is commonly accessed through the following:

Patient access to health records
Access to a copy of health records by the patient concerned can generally be processed administratively. For details on how to apply, review the patient access to health records page.

Publication scheme
Our publication scheme describes and categorises information routinely available. It has been developed to give the community greater access to information held by the Sunshine Coast Hospital and Health Service.

Disclosure log
Our disclosure log provides information in response to non-personal information requests made under the Right to Information Act 2009

Employee recordsWith some exceptions, current and former employees are entitled to access their own employee records through an administrative process. For details on how to apply for administrative access to employee records, please refer to the administrative access page.

Apply for other information

If you are seeking access to information not listed above, you can apply under the Right to Information Act 2009. For information on applying, review the instructions on the Right to Information site where you can apply online or by post, fax, email or in person by completing the Right to Information and Information Privacy Access Application (PDF, 160KB).

Contact us

If you have been unable to find what you are looking on our website please contact the Privacy Officer who will advise whether it can be released administratively.


Privacy Officer


Clinical Information Access Unit


Sunshine Coast University Hospital


PO Box 5340


SCMC, QLD 4560





(07) 5202 3011 (within Australia)


+61 7 5202 3011 (International)


(07) 5202 3419

Alternatively, it may be necessary to lodge an application under the Right to Information Act 2009. You may direct general enquiries regarding right to information to the Clinical Information Access Unit (details listed above).

Last updated: 18 July 2014