In 2015 consumers and carers were asked to share their experience about the service they received from the Sunshine Coast Mental Health & Addiction Service. This survey - Your Experience of Service (YES) is an annual consumer and carer experience of care survey collected within Queensland's public mental health services. YES is a quality improvement initiative that supports the National Safety and Quality Health Service (NSQHS) Standards. Accreditation against the NSQHS Standards provides a marker for safe and good quality health care and is considered essential to improving the safety and quality of care for our consumers.
2015 YES Results indicated that:
- Consumers that received inpatient services felt safe using the service and had opportunities to involve families and carers in their treatment
- Consumers that received care coordination in the community reported that staff showed respect for how they were feeling and that their opinions about the involvement of family or friends in their care were respected.
- Staff worked as a team in a consumer’s care and treatment
2015 YES Results indicated areas of improvement are:
- Consumers reported wanting more information about the service
- Greater access to peer support workforce to assist their recovery
- Targeted programs that positively influence a consumer manage their day to day life
The Sunshine Coast Mental Health and Addiction Services appreciate feedback about your experience with our team. This helps us to ensure that the best possible care is provided to our consumers and carers. If you would like to discuss a compliment, concern or suggestion please contact us and ask to speak to the Team Leader where your care is being provided. Click here for contact details of all teams.
Alternatively you can submit a compliment, offer a suggestion for improving our service or advise us about any concerns / complaints you may have by completing our consumer feedback form.