Find fact sheets, newsletters and information to help you comply with the legislation governing the manufacture, sale, licensing and use of medicines in Queensland.
- Asthma management courses - amended (PDF 66 kB)
Fact sheet regarding the required learning objectives for asthma management courses in order for them to meet Queensland Health requirements for the Health (Drugs and Poisons) Regulation 1996 (HDPR).
- Use of blue/grey reliever medication to provide asthma first aid at schools, workplaces and community events (PDF 126 kB)
Fact sheet to inform schools; workplaces; emergency services about the regulations for use of S3 salbutamol or S3 terbutaline (blue/grey reliever medication) to provide asthma first aid in Queensland schools, workplaces and at community events.
Prescribing and dispensing scheduled substances
- Prescribing clozapine in the community (PDF 211 kB) — fact sheet about the administrative requirements when prescribing and dispensing clozapine to Queensland patients on the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS) after 1 July 2015.
- Penalties for prescribing and dispensing isotretinoin without authorisation (PDF 82 kB) — fact sheet about the regulatory requirements for prescribing and dispensing isotretinoin and the associated penalties
- For pharmacists—Dispensing quantity and frequency (PDF 55 kB) your obligations to report occasions when you are asked to dispense more medications than appears to be reasonably necessary.
- Sale of naloxone as a Schedule 3 (Pharmacist Only) medicine (PDF 191 kB) — fact sheet to inform pharmacists of the regulatory requirements for selling naloxone as a Schedule 3 (Pharmacist Only) medicine.
- Continued dispensing initiative (PDF 49 kB) — fact sheet to inform pharmacists of their ability to supply eligible medicines under the Continued Dispensing Initiative.
Tools and resources
Some useful documents to assist with meeting regulatory obligations.
Visiting health practitioners (declared major events)
Information for visiting health practitioners during events declared under the Major Events Act 2014.
Dispensing records visiting health practitioners—requirement to send a copy of dispensed prescriptions to Queensland Health.
Wholesale sales of S2 and S3 medicines Wholesalers—requirement to send a report of Schedule 2 (Pharmacy Only) or Schedule 3 (Pharmacist Only) medicines sold to visiting health practitioners during a major event to Queensland Health.