Permits for poisons
The Health (Drugs and Poisons) Regulation 1996 provides for the issue of permits which enable persons to obtain, possess and use certain poisons. A permit is required to lawfully use poisons such as cyanide and strychnine,1080 and PAPP in Queensland.
- Cyanide management plan template (DOC 887 kB)
- Cyanide permit application form (DOC 1000 kB)
This form is to be used to apply for a new cyanide permit, to amend an existing cyanide permit and to apply for a replacement for a cyanide permit.
Regulated poison baiting products
A Commonwealth approval process has made the following regulated poisons; 1080 and PAPP available to be used in Queensland for the control of invasive pest animals. Please use the application form below to apply for an Endorsement if you want to use 1080, PAPP and Strychnine for the purpose of controlling invasive animal species.
- Regulated poisons in baiting products application form (DOC 561 kB)
- Guidance note for completing a regulated poisons in baiting products application (DOC 4148 kB)
- Strychnine use occupier consent template (DOC 33 kB)
- Notice of intent to use Fluoroacetic acid (DOC 40 kB)