Permits for poisons
The Health (Drugs and Poisons) Regulation 1996 provides for the issue of permits which enable persons to obtain, possess and use certain poisons. A permit is required to lawfully use poisons such as cyanide and strychnine,1080 and PAPP in Queensland.
- Cyanide management plan template (DOC, 887 KB)
- Cyanide permit application form (DOC, 1000 KB)
- Amendment to cyanide permit (DOC, 967 KB)
Regulated poison baiting products
A Commonwealth approval process has made the following regulated poisons; 1080 and PAPP available to be used in Queensland for the control of invasive pest animals. Please use the application form below to apply for an Endorsement if you want to use 1080, PAPP and Strychnine for the purpose of controlling invasive animal species.
- Application form (DOC, 561 KB)
- Guidance note (DOC, 4148 KB)
- Strychnine use occupier consent template (DOC, 33 KB)
- Notice of intent to use Fluoroacetic acid (DOC, 40 KB)