Proof of identity documents for radiation licence applications
If the applicant is in the name of an individual, and they do not already hold a licence issued under the Radiation Safety Act 1999, they must include certified copies of 2 identity documents with the application:
- one primary identity document, and
- one secondary identity document.
One of the documents must contain a photograph of the applicant.
The document must be certified as being a correct copy of the original document by a relevant officer as mentioned on the application form. At present, this certification must be made by a justice of the peace, a notary public or a commissioner for declarations.
Primary identity documents
One identity document from this list must be provided:
- Australian birth certificate
- overseas birth certificate accompanied by a passport or Australian visa document issued by the Commonwealth Department of Immigration and Citizenship
- document of identity recognised by the Commonwealth Department of Immigration and Citizenship
- Australian passport that is current or has not been expired for more than 2 years
- current foreign passport
- document evidencing Australian citizenship issued by the Commonwealth Department of Immigration and Citizenship
- Australian driver's licence that is current or has not been expired for more than 2 years.
Secondary identity documents
One document from this list must be provided
- current identification card issued by the Commonwealth or State as evidence of the person's entitlement to a financial
- benefit—examples include seniors health card, health care card, Medicare card, pensioner concession card or entitlement card issued by the Department of Veteran's Affairs
- account statement issued by a financial institution within the previous year
- document evidencing discharge from military service within the previous 2 years
- student identification card containing the person's photograph and signature that is current or has not been expired for more than 2 years
- document evidencing enrolment in an educational institution within the previous 2 years
- document evidencing electoral enrolment within the previous 2 years
- utilities account statement issued by a utilities provider within the previous year
- notice of land valuation, water rates or council rates issued within the previous year.