Directive number: QH-HSD-002:2012
Effective date: 01 July 2012
Review date: 01 July 2014
On this page:
- Mandatory requirements
- Related or governing legislation, policy and agreements
- Supporting documents
- Business area contact
- Approval and implementation
- Definitions of terms used in this directive
To support the application of the Queensland Health Authorised Transport (QHAT) Memorandum of Understanding with the Queensland Ambulance Service (QAS).
This Health Service Directive applies to all Hospital and Health Services.
- Compliant – service arrangements shall comply with government policy requirements.
- Consistency – the purchase of Ambulance Services shall be undertaken consistently across the state.
- Cohesive – the government is a single enterprise and whole of government policy must guide whole of government, cross agency and individual agency investment decision making.
- Road ambulance transport services not provided by Hospital and Health Services shall be purchased from the QAS. This includes both Paramedic Level and Patient Transport Service level services, where the patient requires clinical care.
- Hospital and Health Services shall follow the QHAT Memorandum of Understanding with the QAS when purchasing ambulance services, not provided by Hospital and Health Services.
- The sending/referring Hospital and Health Service shall be responsible for payment of QAS invoices for ambulance services authorised by the Hospital and Health Service.
Related or governing legislation, policy and agreements
- Queensland Health Authorised Transport Memorandum of Understanding
- Hospital and Health Boards Act 2011
- Ambulance Service Act 1991
- Transport Operations (Road Use Management Act 1995)
Business area contact
Retrieval Services and Counter Disaster Unit, Chief Health Officer Branch
Date of last review: N/A
Supersedes: New Health Service Directive
Approval and implementation
Directive Custodian: Chief Health Officer
Approval by Chief Executive: Dr Tony O’Connell, Director-General, Department of Health
Approval date: 8 June 2012
Issued under section 47 of the Hospital and Health Boards Act 2011.
Definitions of terms used in this directive
|Term||Definition / explanation / details||Source|
|Ambulance service||A service relating to the work of rendering emergency treatment and patient care to, and the transport of, sick and injured persons||Ambulance Service Act 1991|
|Ambulance transport||Transports where clinical care, intervention, treatment, observation are required during the transport||QHAT MOU|