A vision and 10-year strategy for health in Queensland
My health, Queensland's future: Advancing health 2026
My health, Queensland's future: Advancing health 2026 (Advancing health 2026) (PDF 1.3MB) articulates a 10-year vision and strategy for Queensland's health system.
View a snapshot of the strategy (PDF 709kB).
Queensland already has a health system that performs well and provides high-quality services. However, like health systems everywhere, it is facing significant challenges. These include an ageing population, increases in the incidence of chronic diseases, and the need for smarter healthcare delivery. Advancing Health 2026 has been produced to outline aspirations for how the entire Queensland health system can support Queenslanders to maintain and improve health and wellbeing into the future.
By 2026 Queenslanders will be among the healthiest people in the world.
- Promoting wellbeing—Improving the health of Queenslanders, through concerted action to promote healthy behaviours, prevent illness and injury and address the social determinants of health.
- Delivering healthcare—The core business of the health system and improving equitable access to quality and safe healthcare in its different forms and settings.
- Connecting healthcare—Making the health system work better for consumers, their families and communities by tackling the funding, policy and delivery barriers.
- Pursuing innovation—Developing and capitalising on evidence and models that work, promoting research and translating it into better practice and care.
Advancing health 2026 oversight committee
The Minister for Health and Minister for Ambulance Services has established, and chairs, a committee to oversee Advancing health 2026 and its progress. The committee includes representatives from across Queensland's health system, research and academia, local government, and health consumers.
For further information, view the committee's communiques:
- 5 July 2017 communique (PDF 180 kB)
- 16 March 2017 communique (PDF 206 kB)
- 23 November 2016 communique (PDF 232 kB)
Logan Community health action plan 2017
The Logan Community health action plan 2017 (PDF 6MB) identifies how the community of Logan, government, healthcare providers and other stakeholders will work together to contribute to our vision. It outlines how programs will be tailored to meet local needs and improve the health and wellbeing of the Logan community.
If you have any feedback or questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org