We understand it's important that we deliver value for money for Queenslanders and improve our procurement methods and practices.
To do this we’re developing standard procurement processes that will:
- streamline and simplify our approach to market in line with whole-of-government strategies that are tailored for Queensland Health and medical category needs
- improve consistency in procurement-related documentation and guidance
- enable Queensland Health to work better with suppliers, to improve procurement outcomes and to empower better and more efficient decision-making
- strengthen compliance including safety, packaging and delivery requirements
- increase supplier confidence when dealing with Queensland Health through mutual understanding of engagement and performance expectations that will achieve shared goals and outcomes.
Our new procurement processes will be in place soon, however they will not affect open tenders released before the new processes are in place.