Invoicing Queensland Health for payment
Queensland Health recently transitioned to a new business, finance and logistics solution.
Vendor Invoice Management (VIM) has been introduced to electronically manage all invoices received by Queensland Health.
VIM enables all invoices to be received electronically (in PDF format only) and uses optical character recognition technology to read information from the invoice and make it available to the system.
Submitting an invoice to Queensland Health
There are now centralised email addresses for Queensland Health invoices.
The majority of invoices should be sent to QHinvoices@health.qld.gov.au, with the exception of:
- Biomedical Technology Services—please send to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Central Pharmacy—please send to centralpharmacy_AP@health.qld.gov.au
- Pharmaceutical items and fluids not from Central Pharmacy—please send to the relevant hospital pharmacy department as referenced on the iPharmacy purchase order
- Surgery Connect—please submit invoices directly to the SCAN system
- Dental Vouchers—for more information contact the relevant Hospital and Health Service’s Oral Health Service
- Patient Travel Subsidy Scheme (PTSS)—for more information visit the PTSS website.
When an invoice is submitted to Queensland Health, VIM will send an email notification to acknowledge receipt and provide vendors with important reference information.
To ensure your invoice is efficiently processed, please:
- submit all invoices to Queensland Health via email in a PDF format—any other format will not be recognised by the system
- ensure there is only one invoice per PDF—if you are submitting multiple invoices, you can submit them as separate PDFs in the same email
- only submit invoices once—sending the same invoice multiple times will cause duplicates in the system, which can slow down processing.
- Invoices will only be recognised by the system if submitted in the correct file format
- Corporate credit card payment—if you are being paid by a Queensland Health card please do not send your invoice to the above mailboxes as this may cause delays.
Invoice format requirements
There are new format requirements for invoices being sent to Queensland Health, including the need to reference associated PO numbers.
Invoices must contain the following:
- ‘Tax invoice’ or ‘Credit memo’ listed at the top (credit memos must reference the original invoice)
- Supplier’s name, address and ABN number at the top (if applicable)
- Reference number/invoice number (max 16 characters)
- Date in DDMMYYYY format
- The name of the company being invoiced
- A contact name for delivery
- Purchase order (PO) number or real estate contract number
- Total gross invoice amount and tax (if applicable)
- Which items have GST and which do not (clearly state split tax codes)
- Currency code (if not in AUD).
Other invoice requirements include:
- There should be no stamps, drawings or marks on the invoice.
- All invoices must be dark text on a white background. Inverse format will not be accepted.
- All text, dates, numbers, amounts etc. should have space around them. Any adjoining lines or text will interfere with the OCR.
When contacting the Service Desk, please ensure you provide the relevant information (e.g. invoice number, date of submission etc.) so they can investigate your enquiry as quickly as possible.
The team may not be able to immediately process invoice payment, but they will take the necessary action to ensure your invoice is processed in a timely manner.