Purpose and overview
Introduced in 2015,the Continuous Quality Improvement Excellence Awards highlight excellence and outstanding performance at both an individual and team/unit levels and are open to employees, non-government officers, and community members.
These awards celebrate the quality of care, engagement, dedication and compassion of all who are making a notable contribution to our diverse health service.
Nominations are assessed against criteria and the extent to which the nomination aligns with the organisations vision “Healthy people and healthy communities in the Torres Strait, Northern Peninsula Area and Cape York.”
Categories - nominations may fall under one of these suggested categories
- Improvement in Consumer and Community Engagement
- Improvement in Partnership/s Development
- Improvement in Chronic Disease Management
- Improvement in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health
- Improvement in Health Service Delivery
- Improvement in Health Service Communication and Collaboration
- Innovative Health Care Improvement
- Improvement in Patient Safety
- Improvement in Health Service Quality
- Exemplary Health Care Leadership
- Improvement in Health Service Efficiency
How to nominate
- Complete the Nomination form (PDF 705 kB).
- Collate any supporting evidence.
- Send your nomination form and supporting evidence to:
post: Quality Safety and Risk Unit, PO Box 5607, Cairns QLD 4870
Hall of fame
Margaret Whitehead, CNC Diabetes Educator for Improvement in Chronic Disease Management
Bamaga Primary Health Care Centre for Improvement in Health Service Delivery
Quality Data Officer Thomas Meredith and Occupational Health and Safety Senior Advisor Nareen Edmonds for Implementing RiskMan software across the Torres and Cape HHS
Pathology Unit Thursday Island for
Improvement in Health Service Delivery