Step 1 | Decide if this environment suits you
Understand Torres and Cape HHS and the unique environment you could work in.
- Torres and Cape HHS resources, pre-recruitment checklist, facility profiles, newsletter and social media.
- Local council resources, council websites, alcohol management plans and cultural considerations.
- Other resources, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health guidelines and training options.
Torres and Cape resources
a) complete this Pre-recruitment self-assessment checklist (PDF 573 kB)
b) check out the TCHHS facilities and services available
Local council resources
These sites provide information on available services, road conditions, local laws, alcohol management plans and cultural considerations.
- Aurukun Council
- Cook Shire Council (Coen, Laura, Cooktown)
- Hope Vale Council
- Kowanyama Council
- Lockhart River Council
- Mapoon Council
- Napranum Council
- Northern Peninsula Area Regional Council
- Pormpuraaw Council
- Torres Strait Regional Council
- Wujal Wujal Council
- Weipa Town Authority
Alcohol management plans
Seven Cape York communities and five NPA communities with alcohol management plans restrict the possession and consumption of alcohol to improve the health and well-being of all people living in these communities. The restrictions apply to the entire area controlled by the local shire council.
Department of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Partnerships provides community alcohol limits for Aurukun, Kowanyama, Mapoon, Napranum, Hope Vale, Lockhart River, Pormpuraaw, Wujal Wujal and NPA communities.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health resources
Links to patient care guidelines, other guidelines on specific health topics, sad news and sorry business and more.