Step 1 | Decide if this environment suits you
Understand the unique environment you could work in
- Local council resources, council websites, alcohol management plans and cultural considerations.
- Other resources, training options and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health guidelines.
Where we are and what services are provided
Check out the TCHHS facilities and services available
Follow us on social media
Local council resources
These sites provide information on available services, road conditions, local laws, alcohol management plans and cultural considerations.
- Aurukun Shire Council
- Cook Shire Council (Coen, Laura, Cooktown)
- Hope Vale Aboriginal Shire Council
- Kowanyama Aboriginal Shire Council
- Lockhart River Aboriginal Shire Council
- Mapoon Aboriginal Shire Council
- Napranum Aboriginal Shire Council
- Northern Peninsula Area Regional Council
- Pormpuraaw Aboriginal Shire Council
- Torres Strait Regional Council
- Weipa Town Authority
- Wujal Wujal Aboriginal Shire Council
Alcohol management plans
Seven Cape York communities and five NPA communities with alcohol management plans restrict the possession and consumption of alcohol to improve the health and well-being of all people living in these communities. The restrictions apply to the entire area controlled by the local shire council.
Department of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Partnerships provides community alcohol limits for Aurukun, Kowanyama, Mapoon, Napranum, Hope Vale, Lockhart River, Pormpuraaw, Wujal Wujal and NPA communities.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health resources
Links to patient care guidelines, other guidelines on specific health topics, sad news and sorry business and more.