Step 2 | Apply
Learn about employment benefits, job vacancies and credentialing expectations
- Employment incentives and benefits
- Vaccination of healthcare workers
- Job vacancies, graduate programs and student placements
- Credentialing and defining scope of clinical practice
Employment incentives and benefits
In recognition of the unique challenges faced by professionals working in rural and remote areas of Queensland, TCHHS offers a range of recruitment and retention incentives and entitlements.
- Salary and remuneration (including salary sacrificing)
- Leave entitlements
- Awards and agreements
- Accommodation assistance Policy D5 for eligible employees (PDF 351 kB)
- Remserv - salary sacrificing
- Smartsalary - salary sacrificing
Support to staff for emotional health and wellbeing
- Employee Assistance Program (Livewell Optum)
- confidential and free service available to employees and their family.
- CRANAplus Bush Support Services
- access to self-help online therapies and free telephone counselling and support service available for rural and remote health workers/service providers and their families.
Nurses and Midwives
- Benefits of nursing in remote communities
- Graduate registered nursing & midwifery program
- Student clinical placement
- Rural generalist pathway for medical officers
- Watch the Why choose the generalist pathway videos, including one from Dr Natasha Coventry (Cooktown).
Allied Health Practitioners
Vaccination of healthcare workers
Refer to mandatory vaccinations as for some positions it is a condition of employment to provide evidence of vaccination. You will need to check that you are not susceptible to specified VPDs prior to any offer of employment being made.
Job vacancies, graduate programs and student placements
- Current TCHHS job vacancy search (via SmartJobs - Queensland Government Job search site)
- Overseas applications
- TCHHS Graduate registered nursing & midwifery program
- TCHHS Clinical student placement