Home Hill Health Service
Postal Address: PO Box 53 Home Hill QLD 4806
Telephone: +61 7 4790 5700, Fax: +61 7 4790 5799
About the Home Hill Health Service
The Home Hill Hospital is located at Tenth Avenue, Home Hill, 12km south of Ayr on the southern side of the Burdekin Bridge and 100km south of Townsville.
The Home Hill Health Service opened in 1983 and is now a 14-bed rural facility predominately providing aged care, rehabilitation and renal dialysis services to the local community. The renal satellite unit has eight chairs and operates six days a week. The facility maintains close ties with and relies on medical coverage from the Ayr Health Service. The health service has 13.2 nursing FTE and 9.83 operational staff. Our average occupancy is a little under 80 per cent.
The Home Hill Health Service provides:
- General outpatients clinics three afternoons a week serviced by Ayr Medical Officers
- Physiotherapy and speech therapy weekly
- Occupational therapy, child health and social worker visits every two weeks
- Needle and syringe program
- Chronic kidney disease clinics every six months
- Opportunistic immunisations
- Triage assessments of clients 24/7
A General Practice Private Womens Health Clinic operates from the facility three days a week.
Christie's Room, a community sponsored lounge room, was opened in July 2011 and has become a treasured recreational area for our patients.
For more information see the Home Hill Health Service Profile.
For more information about the city of Home Hill please visit the Home Hill Chamber of Commerce website.