Ingham Community Health Services
Postal Address : PO Box 367 INGHAM QLD 4850
Phone +61 7 4720 3050
Community Health Ingham provides a range of services to the Ingham and Hinchinbrook Community and offers a resource and information service throughout North Queensland.
A full list of the services provided at Ingham Health Service - complete with phone numbers (PDF, 20 KB) is available.
Type of service offered
- Health assessment
- Referral to local and state-wide services such as HACC and welfare agencies
- Home Safety Assessment
- Information and education on many health-related topics including physical, social, mental, environmental and economic factors influencing health and well being
- Health Promotion eg Lighten Up, Workplace Health promotion, Continence promotion, Health-Risk Screenings
- Assistance with self-help groups
- Liaison with Government and non-Government groups
- Community Development eg lobbying for services, improved health of community
- Advocacy on behalf of clients and community with relevant agencies
- Group work eg Stress Management, Young Women Sharing
- A midwifery group practice providing continuity of individualised antenatal and post-natal care by a known midwife to the women of the Ingham region
Child Health is staffed by clinical nurses. Child health services provide a child, school-health service and health promotion (screening, information, education and referral).
Community Health is staffed by a clinical nurse, social worker, speech pathologist, physiotherapist, occupational therapist and dietician. These health professionals can provide information, education, community liaison and development, and counselling for the community.
Oral Health has well-equipped dental facilities staffed by a dentist, dental technician, dental therapist and dental nurse. Oral health also provides a school dental service.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health is staffed by health workers and a clinical nurse who provide health education and promotion. They liaise between the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island Community and the health services.
The Community Mental Health Team (CMHT)
The Community Mental Health Team (CMHS) provides a range of services to clients in the short, medium and long term. These include
- Individual treatment programs
- Family interventions
- Group programs
- Short and long term support
- Psychiatric clinics
CMHS consists of a multi-disciplinary team. The service aims to support people with mental health issues in the community and maintain their independence.
Services are provided via home visits or from the facilities located at 2-16 McIlwraith, Ingham Q 4850. Phone +61 7 4720 3035.