Young Peoples Early Intervention Team (yPEIT)
The Young Peoples Early Intervention Team is a specialised mental health service for young people aged 15 - 24 inclusive, who reside in the Townsville Hospital and Health Service catchment area. It has a particular focus on reducing the duration and impact of psychological disturbance by enhancing early recognition and timely appropriate treatment for young people experiencing Early Psychosis and other emerging severe and complex non psychotic disorders. These young people typically have been unable, or have difficulty accessing Primary and Enhanced Primary Health care options.
Services provided include:
- Flexible access for age appropriate youth assessment and treatment
- Mental health service delivery via assertive outreach
- Flexible treatment options are offered via clinic, home visits, community or at headspace
- Phase specific evidence based therapeutic interventions, group and family interventions
- Youth friendly mental health information and psycho-education.
- Ages 15 - 18 telephone the Community Child and Youth Mental Health Service 07 4433 9004
- Ages 18 - 24 telephone the Acute Care Team 1300 MH CALL (1300 64 2255).
- Telephone the intake officer at headspace on 07 4799 1799
- If you would like to discuss a possible referral call yPEIT on 07 4799 9480.
The Mental Health Service Group would like your feedback about our website.
Feedback E-mail: MHSG Communications Officer