Mental Health Service Group - Townsville Hospital and Health Service
“Working together for recovery and wellbeing”
Our vision and values
Vision: working together for recovery and wellbeing. Values: accountability, trust and transparency, respect, diversity, fairness and equity.
The Mental Health Service Group is responsible for the provision of comprehensive, specialised mental health assessment and treatment services across the age-spectrum. Our services aim to be consumer focused and recovery oriented and are provided in a variety of settings including community, acute inpatient units, hospitals, emergency departments, and residential rehabilitation and supported accommodation.
The Mental Health Service Group covers two catchment areas, one being the area of the Townsville Hospital and Health Service, and the other the contiguous Health Service areas which include North West to the west, Cairns and Hinterland to the north and Mackay to the south.
Accessing Mental Health Services
Acute Care Team (ACT) - 24-hour specialist mental health crisis assistance and support - 1300 MH CALL (1300 64 2255).
The Acute Care Team are the first point of contact to public mental health services 24-hours a day, 7 days a week. Following triage, they facilitate the most appropriate type of care - inpatient, community or crisis interventions.
Services provided include:
- facilitation of 24-hour, 7 days a week access to the most appropriate mental health care
- provision of a centralised coordinated triage component to the mental health service
- timely comprehensive assessment and clinical interventions that lead to initial recovery planning, including relapse prevention and implementation for community consumers presenting with acute mental health needs.
- New consumers or consumers re-entering the service - telephone 1300 MH CALL (1300 64 2255)
- Existing consumers may contact the team by telephoning 4433 3068
- During business hours consumers may present in person to the ACT office (front of the Acute Mental Health building at TTH)
- After hours consumers may present to the Townsville Hospital Emergency Department
- General Practitioners and external agencies may make referrals directly by calling the ACT on 1300 MH CALL.
Clinical Programs / Services
|Business Services |
|Safety, Education, Risk and Quality Unit