Aged Care Assessment Team
The Aged Care Assessment Team undertakes assessment and provides information and support to older people and their carers to obtain a range of Commonwealth funded services to help you continue living in your own home, or enter an aged care home.
The team provides:
- Assessment and care co-ordination for individuals and carers to enable clients to remain living at home or enter an aged care residential home.
- Individual, carers and group education to enhance knowledge and skills for management of persons with dementia.
- Contribute to the development of local and regional aged care community services by identifying the needs and gaps.
Services are provided during regular business hours Monday to Friday.
No services are provided on weekends or public holidays.
There is no on-call service after usual business hours.
There is no cost to the consumer for services provided.
Who is the service for?
The primary client group are elderly people over the age of 65 years and over the age of 50 years for Indigenous people who have considerable difficulty functioning within their usual environment. Clients may require services to continue to live in the community and without which, would be at risk of premature or inappropriate long-term residential care. The service is also available to those who are unable to remain at home and now require residential care.
|Location||Kirwan Health Campus 138 Thuringowa Drive KIRWAN QLD 4817|
|Postal Address|| Aged Care Assessment Team |
PO Box 670,
TOWNSVILLE QLD 4810
|Phone||+61 7 4433 9500|
|Faxcimile||+61 7 4433 8320|
Geographical Areas of Service
The geographical reach includes the city of Townsville; west to Richmond; south to Ayr / Home Hill; north to Ingham and east to Palm Island.
All referrals are directed to the INTAKE OFFICER, ACAT between the hours of 9am-4pm, Monday to Friday -Phone: 07 4433 9500. Fax: 07 4433 8320
Referrals are accepted by:
- General Practitioners;
- Family members;
- Carers and
- Community Service providers.
It is important that the client is aware of a referral being made by someone else on their behalf
- Community Health Services
- Blue Care
- Ethnic Community Care Links Inc (ECCLI)
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Aged Care Strategy
- Commonwealth Carer Respite Services
- Meals on Wheels
- Medical Aids Subsidy Scheme
- Oz Care
- North and West Queensland Primary Health Care
- RSL Home Care
- Townsville Division of General Practice