The Townsville Hospital, Acute Stroke Unit
About the Acute Stroke Unit
The Townsville Hospital Acute Stroke Unit operates seven days per week and is located on level one of The Townsville Hospital.
The aims of the service include:
- Optimise stroke patients' outcomes and service efficiency
- Provide specialist, multi-disciplinary evidenced based acute stroke care to eligible patients in the Northern Zone.
- Provide early access to specialist stroke rehabilitation.
- Provide assistance to Northern Zone clinicians in the management of stroke, in partnership with the Rural Stroke Outreach Service (based at TTH).
- The key features of this service include:
- Co-ordinated multidisciplinary care
- Provision of contemporary evidenced based clinical practice
- Close liaison with Townsville based specialist stroke rehabilitation and Rural Stroke Outreach teams
- Early family/carer education and involvement in acute stroke recovery processes
- Total of six beds allocated for eligible northern zone acute stroke patients
- The Acute Stroke Unit Team includes:
- Staff Specialist and medical team
- Clinical Nurse Consultant
- Speech Pathologist
- Social Worker
- Occupational Therapist
For referrals, information or advice, please contact: +61 7 4433 3253 or +61 7 4433 2124.
|Location||The Acute Stroke Unit, First Floor, The Townsville Hospital, 100 Angus Smith Drive, Douglas QLD 4814|
|Postal Address||Internal Mail Box 43, PO Box 670, Townsville QLD 4810|
|Phone||Clinical Nurse Consultant +61 7 4433 3396 or +61 7 44332132
Medical 3 Reception +61 7 4433 1812
|Facsimile||+61 7 4433 2129|