Townsville Hospital and Health Service - Resource Directory
The Allied Health Outreach team (AHOT) Townsville has been oeprational since Septemer 1999.
The service aims to enhance function, independence and safety of HACC eligible clients, in their home and community setting, as well as provide education and involvement of care givers.
Services are provided during regular business hours Monday to Friday. No services are provided on weekends or Public Holidays. there is no on-call service after usual business hours.
There is no cost to the consumer for services provided.
Who is the Service for?
The primary client group is elderly people who have considerable difficulty functioning int heir usual environment, requirigin an allied health service to continue to live in the community and without whcih would be at risk of premature of inappropriate long-term residential care.
All referrals are directed to the Intake Officer, Community Health Services 4433 9070.
Referrals are accepted by:
The Allied Health Outreach Team comprises of occuaptional therapy, speech pathology, podiatry, physiotherapy and dietetics to provide:
- Assessment, education and treatment for individuals toe nable clients to reamin living at home;
- Group education to enhance knowledge and skills for healthy lifestyles;
- Support and sharing information and resources with support workers;
- Assistance to support workers to review individual client's services and with the managemnt of diffcult or complex cases;
- Contribute to the development of local and regional community services.
Geographical areas of service
- Thuringowa and Townsville
- Magnetic Island
- Palm Island
Kirwan Health Campus
138 Thuringowa Drive, Kirwan QLD 4817
|Postal Address||PO Box 1596, Thuringowa Central QLD 4817|
|Phone||+61 7 4433 9070|
|Facsimile||+61 7 4433 9081|
|Hours||8.30am - 5pm, Monday to Friday|
Our Health Team
- Occupational therapist
- Speech Pathologist
- Social worker
- Administrative officer
- Community Health Services
- Blue Care
- Meals on Wheels
- Medical aids Subsidy Scheme
- Oz Care
- North and West Queensland Primary Health Care
- Residential Aged Care Facilities.
- Commonwealth Carelink Services
- RSL Care
- Support services
- Townsville Division of General Practice