Artificial Limb and Appliance Centre Townsville Hospital and Health Service
The Artificial Limb and Appliance Centre works in collaboration with allied health professionals and doctors to help amputees across North Queensland.
- Assessment, casting and fitting of prosthetics for eligible and private consumers
- Manufacture, repair and maintain prosthetics
- Supply consumable requirements
- Consult and advise allied health professionals, doctors and carers on matters relating to amputees and prosthetics
- Education and training on the use and care of prosthetics for health professionals
- Issue quotations for prosthetic supply to Workcover, insurance companies, private patients, Department of Veterans Affairs and approved overseas clients.
Geographical areas of service
- Townsville to the Northern Territory border
- Mackay to Torres Strait Islands
- Magnetic Island
- Palm Island
- Papua New Guinea
Services are provided from hospital and/ community settings.
New limb patients:
The Townsville Hospital Amputee Clinic (held fortnightly)
- Townsville +61 7 4433 2620
Thursday Island, refer to therapy department at Thursday Island Hospital (Two clinics in the first half and two clinics in the second half of the year)
- Thursday Island +61 7 4069 1109
Self referral for repairs and supplies.
How to make an appointment
For repairs and enquiries ring Peter Lewis: +61 7 4433 9490
For new limbs ring:
The Townsville Hospital Amputee Clinic at +61 7 4433 2620
Thursday Island Hospital +61 7 4069 1109
|Location||Kirwan Health Campus, 138 Thuringowa Drive, Kirwan QLD 4817|
|Postal Address||PO Box 1596, Thuringowa Central QLD 4817|
|Phone||+ 61 7 4433 9490|
|Fascimile||+ 61 7 4433 9491|