Child, Youth and Family Health Services - Townsville HHS
Child, Youth & Family Health Services is a free, community-based service provided to families by qualified health professionals.
This service offers universal and early intervention community based programs for families with children aged between birth and 18 years.Programs currently offered include:
- Circle of Security (COS) Parenting program to strengthen parent-infant relationships
- Early Intervention Specialists - Parenting Clinicians (social worker and psychologist) provide short term interventions relating to perinatal mental health issues impacting on attachment and parenting.
- Hearing screening clinic for school aged children
- Home visiting for families who require extra support
- Hospital liaison officer nurse helps to improve the transition between hospital and home
- Immunisation clinics
- Individual consultations for parents for growth & development assessments or concerns
- Infant Management and Parenting Service Centre( IMPS) for infant sleep and settling support
- Information sessions for parents
- Intake nurse officer for information and advice over the phone (office hours)
- Lactation clinic staffed by internationally certified Lactation Consultant
- New Baby Groups:
- Parent information sessions (development & play; nutrition and oral health; basic life support for infants)
- Positive Parenting Program (PPP) gives families practical advice on positive approaches to parenting, including behavioural difficulties
- School based Youth Health Nurses based within the State High Schools offering health promotion activities and individual consultations with students
- Self weigh and general information area for parents
- Universal postnatal home visiting offered to all families with infants born in the Townsville HHS
- Well baby clinics for growth and development as well as parenting information.
Referral to these programs is either self referral or professional referral depending on the area you wish to access. By contacting Child and Youth Family Health services and speaking with the Intake Nurse you will be directed as to the appropriate requirements.
While we do try to cater for the entire family, there may be a service that you require that we are unable to offer. If this is the case, our staff will be able to assist you in finding the right service. For any concerns or questions regarding your families' health and well being, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Child, Youth and Family Health Services|
Infant Management and Parenting Skills (IMPS) Centre
Kirwan Health Campus|
138 Thuringowa Drive Kirwan QLD 4817
|Postal Address||PO Box 1596 Thuringowa Central. 4817|
+61 7 4433 9000|
24 Hour advice line: 13 HEALTH
|Facsimile||+61 7 4433 9001|
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Program – 4433 0500
- Child Development Service (CDS) 4433 9000
- Community Child and Youth Mental Health Service (CCYMHS) – 4433 9004
- Townsville Aboriginal and Islanders Services Limited -– www.taihs.net.au 4759 403400
- Women's and Children's Institute Telephone - 4433 1450